While Microsoft 365 is fast becoming the center of business productivity, the backup and recovery strategy of these services is being neglected. Microsoft‘s availability SLAs are often confused with a backup strategy and overlook the fact that the ultimate responsibility for data protection lies with you, not Microsoft. Not having a Microsoft 365 data protection plan is a risky data strategy and exposes the company to a variety of threats.
Why backup for Microsoft 365?
- Accidental deletion: data that is deleted by mistake is first sent to the trash and is kept for one month by default.
- Retention Policy: Microsoft offers data retention of up to 90 days. This often does not meet the strict data retention requirements of industries
- Internal threat: employees leave the company and important data is not transferred correctly or is deliberately deleted. In this case, the company has a standard period of one month to restore this data without backup. After this period the data is permanently deleted
- External threat: Data can be manipulated or deleted by external threats, such as hacker attacks, and by malware, such as ransomware, are irretrievably encrypted.
- Customized backup strategy
- Pay per use / cost transparency
- Minimum investment cost
- Self Service Portal for Admin & User
- Axians operates the solution
- Data under your control